ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine CDE-9850Ri for Ipod connection

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Did it just drop straight in, or did you need extra leads? Where did you run your ipod lead to? ie in glovebox, or have you got a dock on dash?

Megane 225 Cup
my mate just bought this from halfords for £200 (he hates the internet) and he reckons its god greatest gift to car audio.. so must be good.. sounds good to me.

and he just drilled a hole in the side of his glove box and threaded the cable through, but damn the cable is long.. reaches into the back of the car!

You just disconnect the old HU, and then plug in the new one, couldn't be easier, but you will lose your remote controls and display unless you pay out for a an extra lead, think they're about £30.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Can a CD changer be used with these aswel because lets face it, if you've had your ipod for more than a year it gives up on you after 45mins-1hr max.

BMW E46 330i Touring
These do seem pretty good, and decent price on that site above...

What's the cable required to keep all display / stalk controls in tact?

Trophy 265/500
Was there ever an Alpine cable produced that will allow the stalk/display to work? I've had trouble finding the right one. BTW, it's to go into a Trophy, and I'm told the adaptor needed is different to the older Mk II's Is this right?

cock mobile.
I got this for £200 last month and am very very happy with it.

The interface isn't the easiest to use and takes some getting use to (I still am) but overall a very good HU.

I haven't used it with an iPod but it should plug straight in, comes with all cables, etc.

You can get an adapter for the steering controls if you want.

Renault Clio 1.2 8v
What are your opinions on the Goodmans GCE7207i?

400-275008.jpg

Don't want to spend over £200 on a CD player.

Renault Clio 1.2 8v
I want a CD player with iPod connectivity for under £100, this is the only one available at the present time.

Need's people's opinions first though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've had the Alpine for about a month now and it's been excellent so far. A pretty fiddly navigation considering you've got to be driving at the same time as operating it, but it's quick and not too difficult to find what you want. Plenty of various sound options as well.

Monaro VXR
I think in that case where it says ipod connectivity it means theres an AUX IN type port. You just plug the ipod into.

The Alpines will actually control the ipod directly from the headunit so you can stick the ipod in the boot etc. Thats the difference plus i think the SQ difference more than makes up for the price lol.

R26 230
i bougfht the alpine for £200, its alright not much good for controlling subs as theres very little on the equalizer front! Unless you have a alpine cd changer it wont work need to have the changer to match your head unit.

Monaro VXR
If its like mine. Press and hold the menu button in will take you to the PRO menu rather than the normal one which will allow you more control over the sound. And for increasing the sub on the fly just tap volume cntrol in and change it that way all i do with mine.

All though not sure looking at the spec's if it has all the functions due to it looking like it lacks near enough all of the EQ options.