ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine CDA-9853R help

Audi TT 225
Not much of an Ice bod myself, can anyone help me out with wiring harness questions?

Bought Ted182's Alpine CDA-9853R Head unit, it comes with an adaptor so I can fit it as is but I want it to work with my stalk controls and centre console display. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct harnesses?
Also what sort of functionality can I expect from the centre display?

Is there any way to get it to work with the factory CD changer?

Thanks for help :approve:

BMW M135i
  Audi TT 225
Whys the alpine one so bad if you dont mind me asking? if it displays everything whys the other one better

Iceberg 172
I've got the same head unit in mine and I had to buy an wire for GBP 60 from Halford to get it to work with the stalk control. Like bmh.01 says, the display unit will not show you everything unless u get the adapter. I had an iPod adapter so I only get the display stuff cos ive got the full info on the pod. I couldnt be arsed to get the adapter and mess around with getting the cd changer to work so ive left it unconnected.

BMW M135i
Whys the alpine one so bad if you dont mind me asking? if it displays everything whys the other one better

Well as said for a start its £90 and the steering controls are shite, what button does what isn't as good as the CAD one and it only actually responds to you pressing a button half the time. I'm just glad I didn't pay £90 for mine, display function is ace though but not worth it for the downsides. Put the CAD adapter back in mine, not bothered about the screen its just a novely but the steering controls are a must have imo.