ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine advice please

im considering the following alpine CD players

- CD-E 7860r £138 inc VAT + P&P
- CD-M 7871r £148 inc VAT + P&P
- CD-M 7872rb £160 inc VAT & P&P

will they all play CD-rs? is one miles better then the others? bearing in mind i will be using it with front compontnts only as i can have rear speakers of any description, so basicaly unless someone say oter wise i was going to go for the cheapest one, i dont want a multi-changer.

any advice or alternatives considered, as well as better prices, most of these are from MCS-Direct

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

dont bother with them just buy the most expensive alpine there is availible.

oh sorry that wasnt helpful my bad just like when other people post questiongs relating to 1.4 clios and u say buy a 16v, its a sh*tter really aint it m8. hope i helped

Regards

MaLicE

main differences are the CD compatibility,

the 7860 is the base model , the 7871 is the next one up has changer control and option of remote,

if u could stretch to the 7874 you get lots more features and benefits, things klike the bass engine upgrade and sound quality features, pre outs etc

Tom

alpine have one of the best lasers on the market, they will virtually play any disc, (obviously not mp3 if its not mp3 compatible) i have even seen them play cd-rw, but they are picky on the discs lol,

the thing with alpines is they are reliable i have had four so far and not one has broken, they either break when u first install them or they will be fine,

Tom

ive had an alpine in the past and liked it, other than that i have always had and loved pioneers, partly becasue i was young and they looked good, but now i will stick with quality, proably a TDM-7582 and CHM-5630 changer for £185ish, cant go worng at that price