ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine 9835

Clio 172 Ph2

Mine turned up on Monday. Just thought Id share a few photos.

The unit has changed somewhat from last years models. Theyve added the external DC/DC converter back again and you no longer need a direct feed from the battery. Its amped with a 15amp fuse. Im not sure if that differs from the 9833 - I suspect it does.

Other things worth mentioning...

If youve got RCA leads with long plugs, you probably wont be able to use them. The RCA sockets are now directly on the back of the unit for the front and rear outputs. The sub ones are still on the green lead you can see in the second pic. With the unit pushed fully back in the dash, there is very little room behind it so long plugs just wont fit - or at least I dont think they would - and were talking in new shape Clios here ;)

Theyve changed the aerial socket and it means the standard Renault one will fit straight on without an adapter. (Wahoo!)

The screen itself is nice an clear - and visible from all angles. Its quite cool, without being totally in your face and OTT. There are a couple of animations to choose from that you can have playing while RDS, ID3 or CDText stuff scrolls across the top / bottom. Personally I prefer it when thats turned off! They would have probably been ok if the screen was colour - but its not. Hopefully the 2005 range will be!!! Come on Alpine, catch up! lol

You can read about the rest of the functions / features on other sites.

Ill get a pic of the unit in action (when its dark again because it looks much better then!) and post it up if anyone is interested.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084481101__IMG_0140.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084481248__IMG_0143.jpg

[Edited by RB_172 on 13 May 2004 at 9:51pm]

172 FF

Whats the difference with the screen then? Ive got a 9833 & was wondering what the extra 100quid or so would have got me.

You got any pics of the screen when running?......

Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by Dink16v on 13 May 2004

i bet that was a c**t to try and fit in the hu dash "space"

Nah, it was easy actually. It tucks in quite nicely behind the climate control box.

As for the screen....well its a proper pixel based graphics screen. Its not just a bunch of straight lines going to make up letters and stuff.

Ill get some pics of it doing funky stuff tomorrow.