ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine 7894RB Wiring Help

RS Clio 182

Can anyone tell me what wires I need to connect/change to allow me to use the H/U when the ignition is switched off (no key)? Also can I connect the illumination cable to allow the H/U to illuminate when my lights are turned on?

Clio 200 FF

To get the stereo to work with the ign off you just need to connect the switched live (yellow wire) to the constant live (red wire) with a scotcklock

The hu should illuminate when switched on anyway, shouldnt need the lights on

RS Clio 182

Thanks for the input Robby but what is a scotcklock? Is this a joining block? The reason I wish to connect the illumination cable is so it acts basically the same as the standard H/U where when you turn the lights on a night, the H/U lights illuminate slightly so it is easier to see what buttons to press when the H/U is not switched on.

there is a feature on the 7894 that allows you to dim the lights on the HU

if you hold the F button for a couple of seconds you get a list of set-up options, use the skip forward button to get to the dim option and change it from auto to manual or vice versa if you like

as for the operation when the ignition is off, you need to connect the red wire to the battery, it really is that simple (just make sure you use at least 20A cable with a fuse somewhere along the line)

RS Clio 182

I have done this and connected my battery supply to the yellow cable with the suppressor on it and this doesnt let me switch the unit on when rhe ignition is off. I know the cable I have wired through is working as when I disconnect it the H/U no longer works!

Please help me, this is driving me mad!!!

the 7874 is a direct feed loom it has a seperate feed for battery and ground they either need to be wired into the battery or into the fuse box,

you cant really put them on to switch on with the ignition becuase it will always need a permanent feed,

your problem could be caused by a few things try making sure u have not connected the tele fone mute up, simple things check with a meter the power supply,

never use scotch locks they are sh*te, and remember cutting your alpine loom may mean invalidating the H/U warranty.

Tom