ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine 7893, 7894 headunit...again..sorry

Calling all Alpine fans!

Considering a new headunit and two units come to mind. Did a quick search for "headunit" and a lot of you guys think highly of the Alpine 7893. May I ask if there any difference between the 7893 and 7893R or is this the same thing but ppl being lazy and leaving the "R" out? Checked on the Alpine site for the 7894, whats the major diff apart from the color. Not much difference in spec or is the site outdated?

Ive not heard this Alpine before but have heard a JVC KDSH 909R which states to be a 24bit unit. Sound quality was bloody better than my Sony 700R and no hissing at all! Would the Alpine still sound better in SQ even though the JVC has a 24bit decoder?

CDA-7894RB has the silver face whilst the 7893 doesnt right?

Last thing I would like to ask is about the installation. Is a direct live and ground a MUST for this Alpine headunit? I will be using the 3 preouts, no internal amplifications at all.

Cheers

J

Its the Alpine CDA7893R in full! I think some ppl just shorten the name.

Ive got the 7893, and the instruction manual is for the 7893/7894. The 7894 just has a couple more features, upto you really if you want to pay extra for them or live without.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the 7893 has 1 4v pre out the other 2 are 2.5v, the 7894 has 3 4v pre outs.

the 7894 comes with a remote controll, and has the silver face that is the only diffs i think.

MaLicE

alpine 2003 product out soon and some look really nice.

the 7894 also has an external dc-dc converter. and yes you do need to wire it direct to the battery. oh and the 7894 has a blackout feature where the display turns off, great for night time