ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aloha

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Thought I'd best introduce myself after a little bit of lurking...

Just sold my Nissan 350Z (sniff) and bought a Clio 182 with all the cup stuff on it in artic blue. It drives very nicely, love the way that when you get to about 5000 revs the front end seems to unsettle slightly as you really, really take off :approve: I used to post a little on the nissansportz forum where I was a member so now I've changed cars I thought I'd join the club as it can be very useful...

The car itself is an 05, no worries about the car itself -just got a few typical newbie questions:

1. There's a couple of scuff marks on the front of it - what would you guys use to get rid of them? I've got some t-cut but it's black - reckon buying the blue stuff would help? Or another product entirely (I've got some Car lack scratch remover that's OK...not great but OK).

2. How often do you go through sets of pads - mileage wise? And clutches for that matter - the bite on the clutch seems a little high, or is that just something to get used to...?

3. Any stereo / sat nav upgrade recommendations that still work with the stick? I'm guessing there's a whole thread on this one...

Anyway, hope to join up as a member in the next few weeks / months, depends on how much other money I spend on the car...

Thanks for any advice btw.

Dan

Titanium 182
The clutches do bite high mate, pads will depend on what pads and driving style and depends how deep the scuff is :)

Oh and how come you got rid of your 350z for a 182 ? :(

ps. welcome.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
The scuff is only really surface-based, not deep at all.

Thing with owning a Z is much as they are awesome in every way they are also expensive in every way...just spent £400 getting it taxed and £750 on 4 new tyres (which go every 10k miles) so I thought nuts to it, trade it in while it's still worth something and get a car that's almost as quick. Plus I feel like I got a good deal, which is always cool.

Would totally recommend owning one though, think I'm going to miss it a lot but at least the 182 promises to be a handful in the meantime :)

Titanium 182
The scuff is only really surface-based, not deep at all.

Thing with owning a Z is much as they are awesome in every way they are also expensive in every way...just spent £400 getting it taxed and £750 on 4 new tyres (which go every 10k miles) so I thought nuts to it, trade it in while it's still worth something and get a car that's almost as quick. Plus I feel like I got a good deal, which is always cool.

Would totally recommend owning one though, think I'm going to miss it a lot but at least the 182 promises to be a handful in the meantime :)

if the scuff is only very very light you might be able to get it out with some t-cut or something, I'm far from a detailing guru so your probably better asking someone else on here :rasp:

Can see sense in getting rid of the z if it was costing you so much man, I'm torn between saving a bit extra for a z or just getting a 182/197 for my next car. Toughie.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Kind of a toughie. Test drive a Z first - you'll find the rear wheel drive (with that much power) totally different. It has more creature comforts and is quicker too, but you'll need a lot of money to keep up with it - around £50-£60 per tank of fuel (about 300 miles).

If you're curious www.nissansportz.com is a great forum for info and lurking tbh, plus the guys are really friendly and you can find any info you want about a Z.

Now you're making it sound like I'm recruiting for another forum. What kind of clio you got?

Titanium 182
Kind of a toughie. Test drive a Z first - you'll find the rear wheel drive (with that much power) totally different. It has more creature comforts and is quicker too, but you'll need a lot of money to keep up with it - around £50-£60 per tank of fuel (about 300 miles).

If you're curious www.nissansportz.com is a great forum for info and lurking tbh, plus the guys are really friendly and you can find any info you want about a Z.

Now you're making it sound like I'm recruiting for another forum. What kind of clio you got?
A slow one :dapprove: