ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Almost finished my 172 race car

Hi Everyone,

I've almost finished my Clio 172 race/track car but I've pretty much done all I can and I'm stuck! I originally bought the car 18 months ago, on the advice of a friend, with the intention of racing this year but due to, what I now know to be a common issue with the immobiliser I'm putting racing off until next year.

I'd really like to get in touch with anyone who has built a similar car or who races/has raced a Clio and doesn't mind sharing a bit of advice. Ive uploaded a few photos of the build but sadly I didn't take that many of the actual stages.

IMG_0264.jpg

This was the first stage, after fitting the Wilwood break kit, bonnet catches and wheels

IMG_0213.jpg

Seats in.

IMG_0424.jpg

Cage, Spoiler, Roof scoop, and the interior painted white.

IMG_0437.jpg

Cheesy graphics added.

IMG_0448.jpg

harnesses, extinguisher and kill switch fitted.

IMG_0452.jpg

Wheel and carbon door cards.

Almost done, but still can't finish the electrics.

Last edited:

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome! Seems to be a few track/race car clios popping up around the peterborough area!

Welcome - car\work looking good, had a lot of issues with stock ecu and wiring myself - loads of info on the forum - I use Dan at 519 Automotive (On A1 Black cat roundabout) and have taken it to Mick at Diamond motors (near nottingham) for different electrical\wiring issues - one thing I wished I did when building mine was to have stripped out all the stock wiring and replace with new.