ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Almost died!!!

172 ph1
Hi all, had my 172 for 2 weeks now. (I will get picture soup soon). It's been great, had a couple of things to sort. One of which was a thump from the back. I had thought it was my new ktec exhaust as the bracket had fallen to pieces.
Yesterday during a 30 mile drive with my 2 year old son the thumping was getting worse. It had now started doing it while braking. 100 meters away from my parents house there was a massive thud then no brakes!!!!!!! Foot went flat to the floor. Managed to get stopped to see brake fluid pi&&ing everywhere from where the brake pipe goes into the caliper. So managed to tighten it a bit a bit (was still leaking) then took it to the local Kwik fit. ( the only garage open).
As I turned into kwik fit the caliper fell off!!! It turns out whoever had it off last had incorrectly screwed in the bolt which holds it in. All the threads had worn away, then the bolt fell out. Quite scary, if that had happened when I was travelling at speed it could have been a bad one. Thank fully no one is hurt and all I need is to replace the hub. Got one from rensport. Pictures of the car will be up soon once it's clean

172 cup, Impreza P1
Not good but could have been worse. Doesn't bare thinking about!

Sounds like the thread has stripped. Shouldn't ignore nasty sounding noises from the car.

172 ph1
Not good but could have been worse. Doesn't bare thinking about!

Sounds like the thread has stripped. Shouldn't ignore nasty sounding noises from the car.

Yeah that was definitely the problem. And any dodgy noises in the future will be getting checked straight away

Black Sheep
I had a loss of brakes a day after I bought the car when the rear calliper broke apart and I lost all the fluid.

I was very lucky too.

172 ph1
When I agreed to buy the car I insisted on getting a year's mot as there were a few things wrong with it. I think they were pi%%ed off because they had to spend a lot to get it to pass. new brake pads and brake pipe were fitted so no prizes for guessing who is probably at fault for this. I did get a brand new stealth exhaust out them also. I imagine that they fitted everything as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Total DI@KS.