ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloyss!!!!!!

Renault Clio
Right, ive got 15" standard dynamique wheels on at the moment and am painting them black over the next couple of days and will also be painting my calipers yellow etc. I want to upgrade to some bigger alloys, but i have no idea what size to go. ive seen a lot on here that 17" are too big, but i know someone whos got 17" on his and they dont look too bad, i just want something that will ride comfortable and look good, and ideas/pictures?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I probably wouldn't go to 17's if you want comfort. I noticed the shift from 15" to 16". Noticeably bumpier but it was by no means uncomfortable. Wouldn't like to try 17's tbh, tyre profile would be too low for my liking. I personally think they look too big as well

Renault Clio
Yeah, i saw a black clio the other day with 17" and the tyres were literally like a piece of paper wrapped around the wheel :O i wanna get some spacers as well, just so they sit flush with the side of the car, any idea what size id need to get?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah they're too big imo. Not sure about spacers, I'm looking into them as well just now. Have a search around the forum, there'll be plenty of photos of cars you can use to get an idea. The search button is your friend!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
here's a picture!

My old one on 17's!

5503955272_471ac168e8_b.jpg

IMG_0315 by sbridgey, on Flickr

5503959060_9bb3dbbd2f_b.jpg

IMG_0310 - Copy by sbridgey, on Flickr

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I put 5mm ones on to keep the tyres away from the spring a bit.

I think the offset was ET40.

Renault Clio
been looking at the wheels i want, and the 17" seem to be cheaper than the 16" with fitted tyres xD i think im gonna get 20mm spacers all round, they seem to be just right:')