ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys!!

Clio mk1
Does anyone recomend anyways of getting round insurance with putting sum nice rims on my car? or am i just guna have to fork out loads of more money a year on my insurance!thnaks bathi

Civic Type -R FN2
i use CIS insurance, gave me a good quote online and they dont care about anything that doesnt improve your break horse power

Clio Extreme
Morethan also don't put any loading on if its just alloys. Swiftcover.com put on a small loading but were still very competetive.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Just say to the insurance company that they are only valued at £50 as you brought them second hand, and also say that if (god help) they are stolen you'd not be claiming, as you'd put the original wheels back on.

Worked for me on my 172.

RS Megane DCi 175
fastbatard said:
Morethan also don't put any loading on if its just alloys. Swiftcover.com put on a small loading but were still very competetive.

Morethan don't cover alloys!
The only way they'll cover them is if they are the same width tyre/rolling diameter as what is standard for your model. They cover any mod that "doesn't improve performance - wider wheels improve grip therefore acceleration" - all quoted from them. I was with them for 6months and then found out my alloys weren't covered.

Golf GTI 1.8T
msa182 said:
Just say to the insurance company that they are only valued at £50 as you brought them second hand, and also say that if (god help) they are stolen you'd not be claiming, as you'd put the original wheels back on.

Worked for me on my 172.

In the small print of your policy it will probably say that they only pay to replace OE parts. So if your wheels were stolen they would buy new renault ones only. The extra charge on a policy is not because they are alloys, its probably because the car is more likely to be stolen.