ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys and insurance

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
depends on the insurance company i suppose. you wouldnt tell them about an amp and sub though i dont think.

MK1 Clio Versailles
depends on the insurance company i suppose. you wouldnt tell them about an amp and sub though i dont think.

I've only seen a few ask about modifications but my Mum seems to think it'll push the cost because they'll only claim to the original spec of the car. As for the sub and amp thats a result, I can look into purchasing some!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
More then likely the alloys will add a premium.

Only way to check is to ring your insurance company and ask for a quote/addition to your policy.

As for the sub/amp and or any nw Head Unit.

- MOST insurance companies cover FACTORY FIT Audio to about £500.
Make sure they cover aftermarket AV changes such as amp, speakers, head units etc... as many dont.

WILL BE: 1992 1.8 16v
When i bought my car, the alloys came opn it, however are aftermarket. BUT i didn't admit to having them.
Anywho.
I'm on on 3rd party so tbh i don't care =]

But, im'a look at getting the Gold alloys from the old clio williams. as mine's the same colour as the williams ;)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
When i bought my car, the alloys came opn it, however are aftermarket. BUT i didn't admit to having them.
Anywho.
I'm on on 3rd party so tbh i don't care =]

But, im'a look at getting the Gold alloys from the old clio williams. as mine's the same colour as the williams ;)

Heard of insurance fraud? LoL

What you state to them MUST be the truth etc....

You know you had alloys and lied to them. Simply makes your policy void for misrepresenting things.

Doesnt matter if your 3rd party or f/c. Its YOU that will get intro the deep shitter.

Monaco 172
im with holdsure through a broker, and they will not cover aftermarket alloys, but will allow anything up to 17" without extra charge, but dont cover them and will only replace with standard ones.