ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Refurb

Any ideas on how much alloy refurbing costs?

My front left is really bad..

I wont be able to get it done until next month so dont take the piss at the r-tec meet please!! lol!

190 BHP Willy 2

Rob

I got a quote yesterday for original phase 2 rims from a place in milton keynes and it works out at £40 + VAT per wheel. They also do a 3 day turnaround.

Scott

Rob, knowing your from Sidcup the closest place I know of is Rim-Tec in Darenth (near Dartford). I dont know their number so best try yellow pages or something. Their only problem is they cant cater for your car - they only want the wheels which means leaving your car on axle stands all week. Your other option is Lepsons in Gillingham which do do a same day service and they can cater for your pride and joy - again, numbers in the yellow book mate.

THE BOZ

Nope, but if youre in the north west, I wouldnt touch a place called Alloy Wheels Refurbished (AWR) in Bury, Lancashire with a barge pole.

They f**ked up my OZ Superturismos, and furthermore, they only did the front face of the wheel - didnt even clean inside the rim. And this was on a colour change from silver to anthracite, so the wheels were two different colours and they told me this was "the norm for the whole industry". w**kers!!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Wil16V - There is a place in Sunderland called SCM that are superb my mate had his CTR wheels done there. Dont use wicked wheels whatever you do!!!

They are on Southwick indusrial estate if you knoe where that is cos I dont

Id reccommend Tint-a-Car based in Lemington Spa. They have loads of branches dotted all over the place so theres every chance you wont have to travel far to get to them. Theyre also mobile as well!

I had an alloy wheel refurbed there about three months ago. It only cost me 40 quid (inc. VAT) and the repair was immaculate! Didnt take long either.

*By the way, if anyone is thinking of having their windows tinted soon, give these guys a ring and theyll sort you out. Had mine done at the same time as my wheel refurb. Brilliant job*

Can anyone shed some light on exactly what is wrong with wicked wheels? I was about to book them to touch up the damage that happened in transit to my front passenger alloy. Its only very very mild scuffing thats gone into the lacquer, but enough to make me want it fixed at the dealers cost.

I was having trouble finding someone who was around here and would come to me. Wicked Wheels will, but Im dubious now.

Surely they are capable of this small repair?!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

What is wrong with a bodyshop refurbing wheels?

Or dont they do that sort of work?

Some bodyshops do, but usually theyll send the wheel to another company for you.

I think ill get mine done by a mobile one as i dont really want to be using the steelie

Astra 1.9cdti XP

mikeherts - My dad had 2 of his BMW wheels done by wicked wheels. They came out to the house and did a great job. 6 months later though the laquer flaked off and then the paint!!!

My dad spoke to his local BMW bodyshop for advice. They told him they used to use Wicked Wheels for alloy refurbishment and had the same problem and it cost them a fortune to put everyones wheel right! So they use someone else now and have not had the same problem!!!

clipped a curb in ice last week so damaged new alloy, newhere in ilford, romford, area that repair alloys at a gud price? pm me please

Think i wont be using them then!

Id expect your yellow pages will show some mobile repairers, the problem seems to finding who does a good job.

Can you get guarantees?

BMW 320d Sport

Most people around SOuthend get theirs done at Rochford Tyres. In Rochford obviously. Just round the back of the ESso garage.

How long do you think it will take to get done as I have to get all four done due to a company, trying to take the alloys off. I am sure they tried to take them of with out the locking wheel nut. In doing this they scuffed all four alloys around the wheel nut area! How pissed of was I?