ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All I want is my car back!!!

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Following on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248267&highlight=got+hit+yesterday where my car got hit in the butt i thought it was time for an update. Basically after the girl's company admitted liability i took the car to their approved accident repair centre - a Ford owned Dagenham Motors place in Enfield the following Monday after the accident.
They have had the car now for over a month and during that time i have had virtually no communication from them unless i chase them up and only received a call from them on Thursday last week to say the car was ready. So i go down there and find they have done a really shoddy job with the paintwork on the rear bumper with a couple of chips, some pitting and a light scratch to name a few of the things i found wrong with it. Naturally i rejected it and they promised to sort out the problems. I phoned them up today to find out what was going on and got 'We will call you back' (which they didn't) so i phoned them up again on the way home and got 'It's all ready'.
I went down there and guess what? The bumper is worse than it was the first time! I was getting all sorts of lame excuses but i made them do it again so I'll have to wait till Wednesday next week to see if it's third time lucky. I'm really shocked at this treatment as you would think being tied to a big company their standards would be a lot higher.

if not talk to trading standards or tell them to take it to a professional bodyshop or you will and pass the bill on

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
If it's still like it on Wednesday I will definately be taking it somewhere else and get them to pay - it's very frustrating though! I think I'll write to Ford customer complaints too (which probably won't achieve anything but you never know).

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Went to see my car today and they have finally managed to spray the bumper properly. Unfortunately they have chipped some paint above the drivers side rear light cluster and left two car park dings in the drivers door. When i pointed this out to the spray shop manager he started getting the hump saying they were there when i bought the car in. After a little row I then pointed out that the marks were not listed on the checksheet they filled out when i first took the car in so we all went to look at the digital photos they took and they were not there either! I think the phrase is 'owned'?

Anyway they are fixing them all and i am now on my third courtesy car. If anyone is thinking of taking their car to them i'd advise against it.

Mégane RS
PM middo, he was in a similar situation, work was carried out and it wasnt good enough

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Poor service does not even describe it. I'll keep complaining till they get it right though.

Burgandy 174 sport t
According to one place I used they are allowed 3 defects per panel and thats from a Bentley approved garage!!

His words not mine, he was still politely told to ram it!!

Chocolate Bar™
PM middo, he was in a similar situation, work was carried out and it wasnt good enough

push for compensation mate. I got a fair wad of compensation for the hash they made of fixing my car, they're gonna get an ear bashing tomorrow as well as i've just notcied the rear axle is bent which they didnt replace in the crash

ahh nick... im sorry to hear this.. hopefully when it is done. we can see you at the next meet all shiny and new looking.. hopes :(

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

push for compensation mate. I got a fair wad of compensation for the hash they made of fixing my car, they're gonna get an ear bashing tomorrow as well as i've just notcied the rear axle is bent which they didnt replace in the crash

Cheers - i will be. It's been incredibley frustrating dealing with them. I have a letter to Ford on my pc which i keep adding bits to as more things happen. It will soon be a book at the rate they are going.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
ahh nick... im sorry to hear this.. hopefully when it is done. we can see you at the next meet all shiny and new looking.. hopes :(

I can't see me getting the car back anytime soon so as long as the next meeting is sometime in the year 2011 then I'll be there!

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Well after 40 or so days I got my 182 back. It finally looks like it should have done from the start. I had become so used to driving 1.4 Corsa's and Fiesta courtesy cars that it came as a real surprise getting back in the Clio. First thing I did was try to lower the seat and found it was already as low as it would go and then pushing the clutch pedal down took a whole lot more effort. All was forgotten when i put my foot down though and the car reminded me just why i bought it in the first place. Compared to the other cars I have been driving around for the last month the 182 feels like a rocketship! It's good to be back behind the wheel once again.

Cap

Pug 106 1.5 D Aztec powa!
Glad to see you got it all sorted in the end, shouldnt of taken that much effort and time tho :(