ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALize 1.416v warm start issue

Hi Everyone, Just picked up an Alize 1.4 16v / 2000/W-reg with a few niggles i need to sort out.

The only thing i'm a bit confused with is a problem when the car is hot, and been left for a minute. It fails to catch the revs when started and cuts out.
If i start with foot on revs and hold them around 1000 for maybe 15secs it'll then be fine.
*But I can switch off and restart immediatly and it idles fine / does not stall*. :S
I need to leave it siwtched off for a minute or so (like the time it takes to go to ATM ) before the fault occurs.

Colds starts is fine.
Even after the fault occurs and work around holding revs for 15sec or so carrie out, the car drives perfectly. never stalls at junctions or under braking.

My initial suspictions are fault Idle control valve, or dirty throttle body. As i'm new to clio's is there anything known that cause these symptoms.

Any ideas people?

I do have another couple issues to sort but i doubt these are related..
Speed not working - G/box speed sensor ordered and will replace
Airbag +Service light on - will be investigating connector under passanger seat.
Rear passenger door jammed - erm.. yet to decide best way with that.