ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alignment Settings - Road/Track Compromise

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi Guys,

After reading a thread about wear on the sidewall from track use, I've been getting similar with my set-up, except with PS3s the rubber blocks start to lift as well. The last set of fronts have had to come off with about 3.5mm left on them due to damaged blocks/sidewalls.

Clio 182
Tyres: PS3s (XL) all round.
New Eibach ProKit springs and cup shocks.

From the previous thread, 1.5deg of neg. camber was recommended, so I'm considering this. However, as well as doing 5/6 trackdays a year, I also do about 10k on the road so I'm worried about road wear (and feel). Any thoughts on a good compromise set-up?

Previous alignment settings:

Alignment.jpg

Get a set of camber bolts and ask for as much negative camber as possible, and doing 5/6 days a year you need a spare set of wheels and track rubber really as you'll just be burning through (unevenly) your road tyres at cost.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bit of a delayed reply to this but...
  • I've noticed the rear left is toe-in. Realistically what difference am I going to notice with this? Is it worth looking @ shims?
  • Will do exactly that with the camber (up to 2deg) judging from other posts on the subject.
  • With the toe settings, 10' (or 1.2mm) total toe out (front) seems to be the recommendation, but I'm thinking leave it at 1.40 as that what I was used to and its only going to help turn in?
  • Is it unrealistic to expect both sides to be even (tolerance wise?) as theres a .2mm difference on the previous print out?
As far as a spare set of track rubber goes, I cba changing wheels each track day (I like just rocking up and driving while everyone else faffs about). However, I am getting some AD08Rs this week now I've burnt through my PS3s.