ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alignment advice

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Hi guys, I have had my car set up a little while ago and it became apparent that it wasn't quite square. I have odd caster angles on the front and I want to set the rear beam up for optimum handling can any one shed some light on how I can fine tune my car to handle a bit better than it already does?
image.jpeg

172 Ph1
The only way you will even out the castor settings is to use AST top mounts from memory .
Unless you do the ballpoint move it forward modification which was done by Simon "chip" a while back .

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
In rear beam terms, that's not actually that bad! Only way to square that up is with shims.
The caster is adjustable with either Ast top mounts as @barnesautos has said, or with the pms adjustable wishbone bushes.

Could he have two different wishbones fitted?

Sweet then, so what's the best advice for handling a bit of toe in or out? I get confused with it all lol

And I'm kinda thinking my subframe is bent I don't know why I just fear the worse lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sweet then, so what's the best advice for handling a bit of toe in or out? I get confused with it all lol

And I'm kinda thinking my subframe is bent I don't know why I just fear the worse lol
Well if you want turn in, then you want the rear beam toe set to around parallel or toe out. It'll make the rear end lively though, so you've been warned! Lol

Had my geometry checked last week and have a similar castor issue.
I'd assumed, either something was broken or bent, or 2 different wishbones have been fitted (cup/std).
Will check and measure everything when the suspension is stripped off next week.