ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alien green RS200

500 Twinair
I have had my rb 182 for over 5yrs now, and i still love it to bits.
But recently the only car that has caught my eye is the alien green rs200. Wasnt keen on it at first, but saw a pic in performance car mag with both the ag and ly rs200 on track and then it won me over.
I have just been offered an Alin green rs200 with black speedlines, recaros and ac for a great price.
But am worried that it wont be as good as my 182 for the fun factor, but from what i've been reading it sounds like it could be better.
Any advice from people who has made the swap or owns a rs200 cup would be fanastic.

Thankyou

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Have you driven one? That would be my first suggestion. I'd try and drive both a cup and a standard. By all accounts the cup suspension is very stiff, and barely any quicker over a lap.

Its a refined 197 at the end of the day dude, theres lots of those you can test drive if not the 200.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Its a refined 197 at the end of the day dude, theres lots of those you can test drive if not the 200.
No! Test drive the car you're thinking of, no point in trying a different car. If you test drove a Trophy thinking that's what a 172 feels like, you'd be unhappy!

No! Test drive the car you're thinking of, no point in trying a different car. If you test drove a Trophy thinking that's what a 172 feels like, you'd be unhappy!

It bought mine based on the 197 driving wise theres not alot in it but fair point dude.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's not going to be massively different, but I'd only want to test the car I was thinking of.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
They are different to a 197!

Def drive a 200, the power is much lower down and a LOT more accessible in every day driving making the car feel quicker.

You can drive my demo for a couple of hours if in doubt. (provided I'm given an oppertunity to do business)

R

500 Twinair
Thankyou for the comments.
Will test drive the cup, its the cup i only want, using as a 2nd car.
Wanted to hear everyones view on the rs200/cup, beacause it might not go down well if i start driving the test car to see if its as fun as my 182...
All within legal limits of course lol

They are different to a 197!

Def drive a 200, the power is much lower down and a LOT more accessible in every day driving making the car feel quicker.

You can drive my demo for a couple of hours if in doubt. (provided I'm given an oppertunity to do business)

R

Im defo not saying they are the same, im just saying if a 200 is unavailable a 197 may do the trick but in an ideal world drive the car you wanna buy :) Regarding Cup pack or non cup pack i dont know have never driven the standard, would defo go for the non cup car tho with or withought the cup pack.

Cupped 200
Get it.

Its super Sporty, high Power, awesome Setup of Suspenion etc.
Super Daily approved, comfy, not too loud. Through low down available Torque very good for lazy driving and no need to shift down to overtake for most situations.

Oh, and they sound better than the 197 ;)