ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aldi polishing machine

03 RS clio 172 flameR
as above, brought it cos im a cheap b*****d, it was 15 quid, came with two cover things, one was micro fibre, and one was like fake sheepskin.

question is, will it be safe for my paint or is it going to be better covering it in brake fluid?

also whats the two different covers for? ie which ones for applying polish and which ones removing?

clio
I got one from halfrauds when on offer for similar price.

First time I used the 'sheep looking' one for taking off other for putting on, but got splattered everywhere whilst putting on.

Preferred applying by hand off with the tool..

Easier /faster than doing it all by hand and seemed to give a pretty good finish... on my mk3 golf and my gf's fiesta, not used on the clio yet tho.. i'll see what the others think.. :)

clio
lol thats what I thought, I may have a look for a more expensive sheep thing though.. before I unleash it on my paint

It is £15 for a reason. It doesn't do anything. Sell it/give it back (if you can) and buy some SRP and applicators with the vouchers Halfrauds give you in return.

clio
Yep get what you pay for and all that - I thought £15 was a bit expensive for a £500 golf! :D

SRP??

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i know you get what you pay for, but it just spins, if i was to buy the propper pads would it not be the same?

Yep get what you pay for and all that - I thought £15 was a bit expensive for a £500 golf! :D

SRP??

Super Resin Polish. Auto Glym bob standard n00bie polish, but also good on most items, from wheels to metal, glass and plastic headlamps to paint work.

i know you get what you pay for, but it just spins, if i was to buy the propper pads would it not be the same?

No. It will get bogged down as soon as you put any pressure on it what so ever.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
No. It will get bogged down as soon as you put any pressure on it what so ever.[/quote]

ahh, i see, so the motor is probobly s**t? well ok, say it works and the motor aint s**t, does that mean its ok? with some good pads?

It won't fella, and it will still not mimmick your hand's motion (Random Orbital) so will just get hot and basically either damage the paint work, or, more likely, bugger itself!