ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aldi 42 inch TV

BMW 330ci
Right so I have now got a 32inch samsung tv in my bedroom, and I am really thinking of upgrading to a 42 inch. Dont really wanna pay too much. Looked in the aldi brochure what comes through the post. And there doing a deal 42 inch Tevion LCD tv full 1080p, lots of other features for £299, can also get the wall bracket for £17.99.

Anyone ever bought a Tevion TV as I never have and dont want it to be a crap picture. But does sound a good price.

Any advice would be great, thanks
Brad

BMW 330ci
Thats kind of what Im thinking :\, I've got 32inch mate was looking for something bigger. At the least 40inch

Listerine & Poledo
up your budget then fella, it's the only way.

OR

wait for Best Buy in Derby to start doing a fire sale, it'll be sometime this month or next at the latest

Audi S1
Samsung is where its at :)

But imo. No don't got for the s**t cheap TV's. Pay a little bit more money and get a known brand.

Buy cheap, buy twice etc..

Inferno 182 CUP
Go Samsung or Go Home!

When i had a TV engineer round my house he said buy a Samsung. They fix so few a year everything they fix it Panny, Sony or LG

Sony do the best looking and best picture quality tv's IMO.

Edit; I meant Samsung :dapprove:

Last edited:
  Audi A3
id rather get a smaller better quality one myself

my samsung (touch wood) has been great for the last 5 years for me, about a grand when it came out, LCD, 32" and it still works and looks as new

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Ive had a few tevion stuff in the past, none of it has ever broke. In our bedrrom we have a 32" flat scren, paid 299 for it in 2005 which was megga cheap, hasnt broke, made by some randon dgm i think. I would go for it at that price tbh.

SQ5
Interesting to know who works in the TV industry in this thread or people just recommending what they have.

Samsungs from 5-6 years ago were awesome at the time, then they slacked off, until now their smart TV thing is out, which it brilliant.

Pioneers used to be the best to have but they stopped about 18 months back.

Panasonics have always been great and they still are, utilising similar technology from the Pioneer's which were way ahead of their time.

New Sonys are great pictures but are a little bit plastic and feel cheap, but the picture does make up for it.

We are also a seller of Loewe TV's, the picture on the new ones are amazing, really great pictures, especially compared to the ones out about two years ago which weren't even close to the Pioneer.

So at the moment

Loewe/Samsung Smart > Panasonic > Sony > Other Samsungs

I can't comment on LGs except Plasmas from around 18 months ago, which were s**t, very s**t. Ghosting on them was so so bad!

BMW 330ci
Thanks for all your help guys. Went and picked up a 46 inch Samsung LCD for £329. Fills the whole of my room haha which is great.

BMW 330ci
A place called Digi land in Langley. Does all Samsung things. I found a 43inch Samsung plasma At comet for £349 if that's any good

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ive had an AOC for 6 years now. And *touch wood* it still works perfectly and hasn't missed a beat.
The cheaper ones probably have older Samsung/Sony/Lg gummings inside anyway.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
People are so blinkered by brand names these days.

I can't speak for this specific brands but ALOT of "unknown" brands are effectively made by the brands we all know and then have a different name and are sold at a different price. Companies buy the products off LG or whoever, stick their own branding on it and maybe aesthetically change its appearance and then sell it cheaper. All the bits that matter are the same you're just paying for the brand.

I first discovered this when my girlfriend purchased a TV from Asda of some unknown brand, and it was absolutely identical in every way to my Hitachi 1, the remote, the housing and menu system the only difference is the badge on the front. I then did some research and found they are supplied by hitachi, it happens through the industries and there is alot of info on the net of which brands are which if you look for it.

Not just in tv's but through many many products, one supermarkets own loaf of bread is actually hovis (I forget which 1 it is now, think its Asda)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That only really happens at the lower end of the market. Which is where you get what you pay for.