ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alcantara bits

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
finally some pics of the alcantara bits i covered last week, hope the pics reflect the finished results

Attachments

• IMGP0616.jpg
    IMGP0616.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 268
  • IMGP0614.jpg
    IMGP0614.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMGP0617.jpg
    IMGP0617.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 251
The lights above your head between the sun visors?

How did you do the centre console then?

no i didnt even think about that..im going out now to have a look, the centre console was easy peasy, the parts come off quite easily(although i did break the clips) and then simply cut alcantara to rough shape, spray with carpet glue and wrap. then its just a case of making it look smart. i used a small scrap of material to make a type of beading for the top of the centre console where it joins the dashboard, it just makes it look a little more 'professional'

Really like that mate, thinking of doing something similar if i can find some alcantara to match RS Ph1 seats.

Think it would look good if the dash strips were done too, so the center console doesn't look too out of place.

Is it easy to do mate? looks well :)

to be honest i did find it pretty easy, it really helps to plan everything before you start and be carefull when spraying the glue as it can make quite a mess. im really pleased with it so thanks for your comment

Really like that mate, thinking of doing something similar if i can find some alcantara to match RS Ph1 seats.

Think it would look good if the dash strips were done too, so the center console doesn't look too out of place.

i was thinking the same thing to be honest, i might just give it a go. cheers

"Navy" N17 TWO
I would love my whole dash to match the doors & boot install I had done in my last car lol :eek:

That looks real good... Good work!

My alcantara came this week, so i'm gonna make a start on the pillars next week :D

good stuff. get yourself some good quality superglue for the edge where the material folds over. i didnt have any so i used the same spray glue which i used for the front part...it was messy!

You will be supprised how easy it is, good luck!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
guna have to start to do mine where my plastics grey insted of black like the rest of the interior lol! ive put 182 interior in and there black plastic so anything thats left im going to cover in alacantra :rasp:

Black Gold 182...
good stuff. get yourself some good quality superglue for the edge where the material folds over. i didnt have any so i used the same spray glue which i used for the front part...it was messy!

You will be supprised how easy it is, good luck!

Thanks for the tip! I'll get some pics up when i'm done :D

Thanks for the +ve comments, I have some material left and im a little bored so what else if anything should i cover?

Icey 172
Looks smart that mate.
Good effort.

I was thinking of doing the glove boxe door but not sure how easy it is to take apart/reassemble.
Also what colour code is the right one for the RS interiors? (Ive seen some called 'Griz' on ebay wich looked about right..)