ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm!

This one ^ (someday)
Alarm on my '04 182 has recently started going off randomly and quite regularly. Nothing appears to be setting it off as one time it went off when i was looking at it and there were no noises or anything!
(Edit: by no noises I mean no loud sounds that might trigger it, the alarm sounded as normal.)

I've worked out how to turn off the internal sensors and the problem has stopped so it's something to do with them I think.

Any ideas?

Battery is on the way out so might it be that?

Cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pretty common fault on the Laguna II this and required the replacement or removal of the faulty sensor iirc.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
RTFM.

Check the beeps or flashes (i don't remember which) after it's gone off and it will tell you what's setting it off.

Once you know that, you can eliminate the problem.

Regarding the battery, get it replaced before it lets you down at midnight somewhere whilst it's raining sideways... :S

This one ^ (someday)
Im at uni in portsmouth and the manual is at my parents house in Cornwall..
It beeps 4 times!

Clio II 1.6 RXE Auto
Have same problem with 1998 RXE Auto. Alarm is going off at will and when driving which the alarm manual says it cant do!! Switching off volumetric sensors (put the key in and switch on and off 3 times in seven seconds then get out and lock with key fob) has worked a couple of times but then it comes back. Going to make a record of flashes after alarm has gone off next :mad: if I have any joy I will post back, if not I've cut the siren out and had done with it.