ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm??

Clio 172
just got my 172 today and very happy :D thing is though its totally standard even the security what is the standard security like ie is there a factory fitted alarm/immobiliser? what aditional security would you recommend?

thanks

Da

Less
Re: alarn??

It has;

Cat 2 Immobiliser
Cat 1 Alarm
Window etching
Locking wheel bolts
RAID

So long as it's not an import of course? ;)

all have immobilisers, you may have an alarm if there are ultrasonics at the top of the pillars and a led by the gearstick!

balls, beaten to it with a better answer.

Last edited:
  clio 182 black /gold
Is it an import? If notit should have wheel lock nuts and and a flashing light near gear lever.

Clio 172
just checked and nope no flashing light (apart from the one on the dash) and no senors must be an import then??

Da

Less
Yup sounds like an import.

Will still have the immobiliser and RAID but no locking bolts, alarm or window etching.

Be warned if it's insured as a UK car your insurance may be invalid without a Cat 1 Alarm!!

Clio 172
would it "officially" say anywhere if it is an import (i mean in the docs or anything)? and secondly do i need to inform the insurance company?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ No it won't say anywhere it's an import and no you don't have to inform the insurance company as it's not a grey import like the cheap Jap cars we see over here . It's basically the same car produced in the same factory as the so called " UK cars " without the afore mentioned alarm , locking wheel nuts and etched windows .

Get yourself some locking wheel nuts and a Toad alarm with a lifetime warranty . The Renault cobra alarms only have an 18 month warranty anyway ;) and do go wrong :eek:

I think there was group buy being organised on Toad alarms with fitting , pretty cheap too :)

Clio Dynamique
Just booked my mk2 ph1 in for a Toad a850t2 cat-1 to be fitted. Found it on ebay, did a bit of research on the seller and found them to have had loads of really good reviews on the installation. So thought why not!

Got quite a good deal. The alarm itself (obv), total closure (shuts the windows/sunroof etc), dual shock sensor and coming home lights all fitted at my house for 300.00!

Best thing about the alarm is it works off my original remote Renault key, no need for an extra remote!