ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm problems

ok, i drove my v6 to work on saturday, and locked it as normal with the plip.

a few hours later, i unlocked it with the plip, and opened the boot (engine bay boot). the alarm went off, and wouldnt shut up. i could still lock and unlock the car, and even start it, but the alarm just kept going off.

i disconnected the battery but it had a backup so it carried on going. then i locked the car and let it go off. eventually it stopped. i approached the car, unlocked it with the plip again, and it was fine. no alarm, and ive done 200 miles today with no problems.

whilst the alarm was sounding, as well as the siren going off, there was a ticking noise from what i think to be the alarm under the wiper cover? it was almost like it was trying to reset but couldnt?

i can only think of water getting in and disturbing it due to heavy rain on friday. could it be anything else or has anybody had these problems?

:D

Sounds like the alarm was trying to acivate the engine fuel cut off to stop the engine which it should do Ive seen this before on Renaults no idea why hopefully Jay will know what up.

alrighty then. i could provoke the ticking noise more when pressing the button on the fob.

it was the ticking noise a stuck relay makes.

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 22 August 2004

alrighty then. i could provoke the ticking noise more when pressing the button on the fob.
it was the ticking noise a stuck relay makes.
Yep its the fuel pump the alarm is trying to activate it unsucessfully.

Pressing the button kept the alarm going to deactivate it.

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 22 August 2004

ah i see. so if it does it again, what should i do?
The horns mounted just behind the front grill.

Id take it to Renault see if there anything wrong might just be a one off due to the rain or a rusting connection or loose wire.