ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm/Immobiliser standard on a 182 ?????

Now Sold :-(
Was stood chatting to a work colleague who owns a 2004 182 that was purchased new from Wests Renault in Cambridge. Having a little look around his car while we chatted I noticed he didn't have the little red alarm light down near the gear stick. Further investigation discovered there were no ultrasonic sensors on the A pillars and no bonnet switch. now I didn't go as far as pulling the panel off to look for the alarm box but am pretty certain the car does not have an alarm fitted. Now I was under the impression all RS 182's came with the CAT 1 alarm/immobiliser retrofitted by the dealer prior to delivery. Is this correct and has the dealer just not fitted it?

Looking for 182
My 182 doesn't have an alarm, which apparently means it is an import. Although if I am not mistaken it's not a true import, as it was built to be sold in the UK, rather than built and sold abroad and then later imported. I'm a bit confused by it all to be honest.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yep. I don't have an alarm either. My 172 is an import too as above. Think imports are missing locking wheel nut, window etching and alarm. Also I have a door lock both sides where gen UK ones only seem to have a lock on passenger side.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Long serial number etching of some sort.

My 172 was from a main dealer and it was an import.