ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALARM HELP ASAP pleeeese!

330Ci M Sport
ok guys, have a clifford concept 650....all is well except the boot isn't locking. Everything remains alarmed and the alarm goes off when i open the boot, it just isnt locking; any ideas what this could be down to? It is under warrenty, but the company who fitted it have since gone bust so whilst the clifford warrenty still covers it i would have to pay labour for someone else to take a look at it....cheers.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Did it work originally ?

And, does the boot lock when you press the Renault plip or the dash switch ???

330Ci M Sport
renault key fob no longer works as the remote takes priority, and the dash switch doesn't work with the clifford....going to have a peek at the boot mech, and if it isnt that then i guess i'll take it somewhere. Brian you were right when you PM'd me about dodgy clifford installers, the guy who owns the company has buggered off to spain!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
OOOOOH dear,

When fitted properly, the Renault fob and switch still work, (cough, cough)

As all three entry points are on the same circuit, it sounds like you have either a wiring problem between the cars control box and the locking motor in the tailgate, or the tailgate locking motor burnt out.

Are you able to trace electrical faults yourself Bondy ?

alright si, likely to be the renault mech isnt it? then again the master of fixing disasters (electrical ones at least) is best man to ask (brian r)

jamie

330Ci M Sport
not with what i have to hand at uni, but i'll get a mate on the job tomorrow and see how i get on; cheers guys.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Just get him to pull the plug off the boot motor and put a test lamp across the terminals, it should pulse on both lock and unlock signal.

If it doesn't, its a wiring fault, if it does its a motor fault.

Let me know if you need more help. ;)