ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm beeps when locking the car?

Clio 182 Cup
Not had my Clio 182 long but got a quick question! Occasionally when I lock the car, it beeps three times as if an alarm is setting. It only does it every so often but didn't know if the standard alarm does this or if there is perhaps and aftermarket one on it? Any help appreciated!

Astra (H) VXR
I think it's the alarm setting, it does it on mine of you lock it with a door open, or if you have locked and unlocked it a couple of times. nothing to worry about. I would say ita deffo the standard one though

Standard Alarm i think mate.

Mine does it sometimes as well.

I think it's something to do with alarming the car too quickly after you've shut the door or taken the key out the ignition or something.

Nothing to worry about.

Racing Blue 182
I have this too, I put a thread up about it as well and someone kindly told me what it was! Your right si_hartlepool, its all to do with locking alarming the car too soon after shutting the doors! Apparently it takes time for the ECU to check and recognise that all the doors and boot etc are all shut, and therefore it can alarm properly! So basically it is just shouting at you to say slow down a bit!