ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm and central locking stopped working?

clio sport 172
Today when out and about i went to lock my car as normal using my key fob and nothing happened. The wont lock and the alarm doesn't set. I had the fob checked ( while some bell-end decided to reverse into my rear bumper and make a right mess of it ) and its working ok so the issue must be somewhere else. Anyone got any ideas?

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey,

Silly question, but does it unlock with the key (remote central locking button, not manually)

Does the internal central locking button work?

Whats the year of the car?

Chris

Last edited:
  clio sport 172
Hay Chris.
The locking button works inside the car. When i turn the key in the passenger door it only unlocks that door till i pull the handle, then it unlocks the drivers door and boot. The fob seems fine as its been tested. Any ideas?

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey,

If you point the remote at the car and press the button what happens? (locks, unlocks, lights flash? etc)

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
the doors should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

If you follow the above this should re sync the key, possibly be causing it not to work.

If you sit inside the car and press the remote cetral locking can you hear the relay click?

Couple of ideas to try!

clio sport 172
Nothing at all happens when i press it. No lights, no relay click. I shall try what you said now and let you know what happens

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey,

If the locks work when pressing the internal button then its nothing to do with the locks.

Must be something to do with the car recieving the signal from the key since if it doesnt do anything when you press the button.

Did you try re-syncing the key to the car?

Otherwise im out of ideas unless its the receiver in the car thats at fault

Chris

clio sport 172
Hay Chris
Yeah i tried re-syncing it and nothing. GUTTED. Looks like its the auto electricians in the morning.
Thanks for the help

clio sport 172
Just got my car back from the auto electricians and there is nothing they can do. Off the Renault on Monday so looks like its going to cost £££'s for a new uhc board.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I think i may have the same problem. Do you get any lights on the dash when you go to start the car?

Does your car have any electrics?

clio sport 172
Just a bit of a rant :mad: and advise for other who have the same problem..

Last year my central locking stopped working. I can still lock the car with the key, and by pushing the central locking button on the dashboard. But they key fob will not work.

Renault charged me £100 for a diagnostic. They advised that it was due to a faulty UCH unit. Because this is a sealed unit it would have to be replaced. The key and the central locking are working fine, but the unit is not responding. They quoted £175.00 for the part, then fitting and programming would be a total of £400!! My dealer told me to contact Renault UK to see if anything could be done....

Renault UK didnt want to know, and told me this was due to wear and tear???? and I would have to pay the full cost.

I decided that because the car hasnt got an alarm, I would get round this by having an alarm fitted that works the central locking as well. Luckily I know someone who is a car alarm fitter and he did this for me.

Turns out when he disconnected the battery to fit the alarm, when he reconnected it the central locking now works on the key!! the key fob works!!!
So all that needed to be done was to disconnect and re connect the battery to re set the central locking. I went ahead and had the alarm fitted anyway.

I am going to write to Renault (not that it will prob do any good) and complain. As they were going to go ahead and charge me £400 to fix this. But something as simple as disconnecting the battery they cant figure out!

Just thought I would post this incase others are having the same prob..

This has just saved me a small fortune!!! Im a happy man!