ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airfield Day 22/04/07 Pics

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Ok it just looks bad, looks like none of you struggled with grip judging by the pics .

DSC_7865.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, rub it in guys, my spare has now been fitted until I can see how badly punctured one of my tyres is!

Grip wasn't bad at all, just ropey enough to make it fun. I found the open U-turn at the far end quite tricky to get right: turn in too quickly and you lost speed through sliding around, go too wide and it took forever to complete.

many
hey dan did you figure out what it was leaking from my valver:lolup: :quiet: . i was a bit worried about that looked like it was pis*ing out

BMW E46 330i Touring
Can't beat Williams suspension for cocking up!

Yeah Matt, not sure at what point I've picked up the puncture, could be on the way home or even around Exeter. Think it was running on flat for a while though as there's a definite wear mark around the outer wall!

VW Golf GT TDi 150ish
Grip isn't really a problem at all there, Even I managed to c**k a wheel in my Derv Golf with standard suspension.... I think woody has a cracking picture of mine under straight line braking with the rear about to lift off the ground there is so much grip....

Go on woody post it up if you are reading this!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
ill go throw forks at him now

will get that pic up

and the others people are after! :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Mine was just missing the rear bench

and I was only 0.11s slower than Dan with his *fully* stripped and bucketed valver ;)

RB 182 with CUP packs
Great pics!!!

Looks like everyone was trying hard too.

The last pic reminds me of Smokey & the Bandit 2 with all the trucks @ the end.
My fav pic so far :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Wish someone had a pic of Woodsy legging it when he realised the cars wouldn't be stopping in time!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
lol i wasnt putting it all back to standard after Combe the day before!

If you all think this is too much advantage i will run as near to standard as poss (my seats arnt standard tho as i have Recaro's and FF rears)

Tyres are far more of an advantage, tho if it had rained any more you all of been laughing.

Id put money on the order staying the same regardless ;)

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
I really enjoyed giving a few passenger rides at the end, everybody was amazed at the grip we had i think

182cup & 172 racecar
:) You keep going guys I'm only there for a day out,and to blow the cobwebs out the 182.:)
You can keep your slight advantage.
Paul nice driving,relax a little bit more

many
i think as long as all the cars are moted which they are then fair game do what you want, tyres waight throttle boddies. lets face it theres no straight out the show room cars here are there. you could say you must have standard suspention air filters exhausts brakes ect. but i think not....

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Im cool with road tyres and seats, tbh it saves me messing around the night before.

Mainly like the seats out as the car feels much more raw but it is hassle.