ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aircon on a 1.2 16v?

Yaris Hybrid
Anyone had/got a 1.2 16v with aircon?

Just wondering how much weight it adds and what it does to performance and fuel consumption when you use it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sis has it on her 05 1.2 dynamique. She reckons it takes about 10mpg's off her consumption!

She does drive like a lunatic maind you...

Yaris Hybrid
Hmm driver can make a difference. I used to get 50mpg out of mine but my mate gets 35mpg out of his which is only 5 better than I get from the 182!

I tried my brothers Aygo and when you turn the AC on your can feel it slow down. Still does ok on fuel though.

I am looking like I will get a Campus Sport (wasn't keen on the Aygo's drive) for a cheap price online but am trying to decide whether to get the AC and the stereo upgrade thing with the rear speakers and mp3 player connection.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Toypop, you live in bristol?

If so, let me see if i can match any online price you get...

Weight ins't huge 50kg at most I'd recon.

Power wise well the compressor turns off at high rpm etc and full throttle so you don't loosethere bar the extra rotating mass.