ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aircon compressor help!

pug 106 rallye S2
right had a garage look at my aircon and been told the compressor is dead...
so gsf want £330+vat for one then £200 to fit it at the local garage and another 75 to gas the system! think they fancy pulling my pants down while there at it!
so how hard to replace it myself? and does anyone recon these motors or where could i get one cheaper than above??
all help apppreciated!

phase 1 172, saxo vts
Hi mate sounds dear i had mine replaced i think it was about 190 for the unit 65 for the re gas not sure how much to fit though

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i borght a 2nd hand compressor £30 lol and fitted this to my missus pug 206, so a clio compressor shudnt be that much more unless its essential that you want a new one. if you need a compressor and no what your doing then i got another pug 1 you can have for £30 but make sure it will fit, again its from a 206, and yes its working fine, but im not sure of the size from the clio so check it out if ya can

megan R26.R number 006
so gsf want £330+vat for one then £200 to fit it at the local garage and another 75 to gas the system! think they fancy pulling my pants down while there at it!
so how hard to replace it myself? and does anyone recon these motors or where could i get one cheaper than above??
all help apppreciated!
don't fit it your self as you can do more damage to your air con if you can go to a scrap yard and get a second hand compressor and then get it fit but shop around as you should be able to get it done cheaper than that before you can remove a composer you need to pump out the gas from the system if you release it in to the atomiser you run the risk of a £3000 fine and three years in prison so please get a garge to do it for you

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
all help apppreciated!
don't fit it your self as you can do more damage to your air con if you can go to a scrap yard and get a second hand compressor and then get it fit but shop around as you should be able to get it done cheaper than that before you can remove a composer you need to pump out the gas from the system if you release it in to the atomiser you run the risk of a £3000 fine and three years in prison so please get a garge to do it for you

i never new that is was illegal to de gass the aircon into the open air, on the oterh hand who would know??, also its not that difrficult to do it yourself but i agree if you dont have a mechanical mind then dont do it as you need to take out a fair few things b4 u get to the compressor easy ehough to remove and replace but even if you do this it will take a few hours and cut fingers and on top of that 65-80£ re-gas at the end of it.... on TOP of that if it all goes wrong and you spring a leak... HA back to sq 1 so try a garage and surely you will find a fair deal somewhere

i reckon you shud maybee listen to every1 that has said de stuff above becoz it sound like day nose wot day talk about changing sentances qucikly and making da post difficult to follow i dont know why this os but dis forum seems to becoming more and more and more like dis and dat and ting wiz no inglish an all txt speek innit bro day ent using no punchuashone

pug 106 rallye S2
roughly how much stuff do i jave to remove from teh car to get at it? im a bike mechanic by trade so cut fingers and hard work dont bother me, can do engine work so this shouldnt be that much harder?
aircon has no gas in it already been pumped out when they checked it for me...
wheres the best place to get the pump from? not bothered about new just need working too hot and demisting is slow!
thansk for the help so far guys!