ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aircon/CC stopped working.

Impreza WRX
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help. Yesterday i decided to cool down whilst out driving, and put the aircon on.

It worked for about a minute, the the whole lot decided to stop working.

I still have the display on in the car ( digital ) and can adjust it as normal - but no air is being blown out.

Could it be a blown fuse?

Please help !

C

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
did you rev the car lots.

mys bros audi used to disengage when he revved the tits of it, to prevent it spinning to fast

Impreza WRX
No - Just normal ( light - 5th gear 35 mph ) driving.

I have driven the car 3 times since, and it still does not work.

it was fine - blowing nice ice cold air - then just stopped?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
My basic understanding of how ac works is

When the ac is turned on a magnetic clutch pulls the (bit – don’t know what’s it’s called) against the spinning part of the engine to power the compressor.

If you really revved the boobs of it may have disengaged to prevent damaging the compressor.

If that’s not the cases n my clio you could here the clutch engaging / disengaging when you pressed the cc button on and off. Can you hear it?

Impreza WRX
No - cannot hear anything when pressing it.

the blowers are not working without the aircon either. no air being blown out........ as if there is no blower?

x

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
What he said ^

Will need a new resistor, but think theyre about £50 from reno :/