ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbox setup whats needed?

PH2 172
I brought a 172 cup saturday and it has a pipercross viper setup but im going to return to standard can someone send me pics of everything needed as they have took everything out completely which is needed but not sure what i need?

You need the airbox with filter
The 2 cold air pipes (bottom and side)
The pipe from air box to the throttle body - with the breather pipe
Both the brackets to hold the airbox in (if they've removed them)
And possibly the acoustic valve

My cup had a pipercross filter on too and I've put it back to 100% standard now - so if you need any pics I'll be happy to get them

If you take a pic of your engine bay I can see exactly what's missing

Maybe a 172 Cup..
How about offering a staight swap for the STD set-up. Never know someone might take it?

PH2 172
Do you have this part buddy as someone coming to get my filter and give me there setup but im quessing thats still on the car and how easy isit to remove or get to?

i think ive got mine, its pretty easy to refit / remove. just need to whip the wheel arch lining out. it was a while since i took mine off, but it was pretty straight forward i think. you might even have yours still fitted, as its not that common knowledge for people to take them off and it also doesnt have that much of an effect.

ph1 track weapon
I have all the bits needed, including acoustic valve and air feeds. let me know if you;re interested?

ed

I had to buy an acoustic valve from cliospares - then as a few have said you just need to jack up and remove passenger front wheel and inner arch - 30 min job at most

Yours might still be there - look down behind the passenger side headlight see if you can see it

I'm glad I put mine back to standard - the noise is awesome and there's a noticeable increase in power!

Has anyone got a pic of the acoustic valve fitted????

Unfortunatly there isn't one on here

I spent AGES looking for a pic of it fitted - as I bought one from cliospares then couldn't work out how to fit it LOL :(

Get some pics of your engine bay up and take a pic down below the passenger headlight - and then we can tell you whats missing :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Meh, ditch it. I run stock set up bar accoustic valve. Its clue to what it does is in its name ;).......

PH2 172
Photo183-1.jpg

There ya go what it looks like.

Meh, ditch it. I run stock set up bar accoustic valve. Its clue to what it does is in its name ;).......

It doesn't though - mines fully hooked up and hardly ever closes - the induction noise is awesome

I'm not one for having random ecu cables disconnected and vacuum pipes blocked up just for the sake of it

Renault knew what they were doing when they designed the air box for these cars - why muck about with it?

PH2 172
Can someone send me some pics of the standard setup just got it of a lad on here and i dont have a clue where the 2 CAF go need some pictures please

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
It doesn't though - mines fully hooked up and hardly ever closes - the induction noise is awesome

I'm not one for having random ecu cables disconnected and vacuum pipes blocked up just for the sake of it

Renault knew what they were doing when they designed the air box for these cars - why muck about with it?

You don't need the valve ..... they didn't put it there so car runs better, they put it there cause they had too, to sell the car. Its for the cold start EU emissions bullshit and the other 99.99% time its a restriction on the inlet

Yeah but it also gives a nice feed from the scoop on the wheel arch lining - and gives a nice place to clip the cold air feed

It doesn't make the induction quieter - or restrict power so whats the point in removing it and having the cold air feed just flapping about - and blocking off a vacuum feed to the inlet just for the sake of it? lol