ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbox Issue!

Astra Twintop
perhaps the most stupid question ive EVER asked on here!

got myself a itg panel filter to go in my car, but i cant seem to open the airbox.....

am i right in thinking its the odd shaped box next to the engine bay with the intake going to it?

Please help as i want to fit it!

Cheers

not sure as i not needed to open mine, but usually a couple of screws or a couple of clips, then it pops open. slot the fliter back in and close it up.

sorry cant help anymore mate

clio sport cup 172
there are 7 torx screws then the airbox will open filter is directly underneath hope this helps

M

mini-valver

These are for RS's, ignore them, lol.

Look at the throttle body, to the right of it the pipe goes from oval to rectangular. Theres 4 torx screws holding that bit onto the airbox at the back, undo them and youll see the filter inside.

BMW M135i

Look at the throttle body, to the right of it the pipe goes from oval to rectangular. Theres 4 torx screws holding that bit onto the airbox at the back, undo them and youll see the filter inside.

Resonator comes off and two torx at the top and it pivots out? Mine was like that.

Astra Twintop
ah ha!

there was a "box" at the back of the engine bay (towards the windscreen) and i didnt have the minerals to take it off!

thats tonights project!

if anyone has a photo of the engine bay they can annotate for me

(mk2ph 1.6 16v) i would be much appreciative

M

mini-valver

Resonator comes off and two torx at the top and it pivots out? Mine was like that.

Thats it, couldnt remember if it was 2 torx or 4 torx holding it on! It's been a while!

You wont be able to get the actual airbox off byb the bulkhead without taking the expansion bottle off, you dont need to though so dont worry. Pull all the air feeds off before the rectangle shaped bit, undo the 2 torx bolts and the filters inside there.