ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbag went off help please :(

Clio 182 Cup
Basically i hit a pot hole the other night and my passenger seat airbag went off and my rear n/s seat belt is firmly locked in place ive bought a second hand seat with the airbag is it just simply plug the seat in and get the light turned off? or is there more i need to do?

Golf GTD Mk7
If you take it to Renault, there might be a chance you'll get them replaced FOC.

Blowies might be required :S

The ECU will recognise a deployed airbag I would imagine, so there might need to be a code cleared on it. As for refitting the new seat, sould be just plug and play really. The only issue you might hit is getting the wiring plug apart is a pain.

172 cupapoop
this happend on a friends clio the passenger seat bag went off without any kind of impact, he got a new seat etc from renault foc

Golf GT TDI
i think you will need a new airbag ECU located under the ash tray in the front

then the codes to be cleared irrc

i would just put a claim in to the local council

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
fit seat in, get faults cleared, you wont have to go to renault for this and if the faults do not erase probably a new airbag control unit.

You will 100% need a new Airbag ECU

I set mine off, and needed a new Pooter

This.

People say you get so many airbag deploys before a new computer is needed, but ive seen them needed for just a side airbag and pretensioner so budget for that (£200+)

Also if you claim it went off for no reason be warned Renault will keep the car for a few days, investigators will come down checking wheels, for underbody damage etc.

had similar with mine after running over a rock

Renault quoted me £200+ for the computer (think it may be more than that all-in, as they need programming)

someone on here suggested this guy (http://www.v12electronics.co.uk/), who was v helpful and reprogrammed the existing unit for about £40. it's apparently not always possible to reprogram them - worth chatting with him

the pt/airbag systems will be inoperative until the ecu has either been replaced or reprogrammed - and your airbag light will stay on until that's been done. you don't know if it's all going to work as it should unless you have another moment, although yours seems to have decided to fire randomly as it is, anyway

Last edited: