ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Warning Light - Rear Belt Buckle

M135i and the shed
Hi guys and gals, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue i had today whilst removing the rear seat belt reels on my R26.

I'd previously removed all the rear seats and belt buckles, but wanted to get rid of the betl reels. I removed them and disconnected the connector on them and now i have an Airbag Warning light and message on my dash. Now my question is as follows:

- What is the connector on the belt reel for?
- Do i need to solder a resistor across the connector terminals to fool the ecu in to thinking the belt reel still exists?
- If i need a resistor, what type, wattage and resitance do i need?

or................have i just blown a fuse, hence the warning light etc?

Presume this is all a similar set-up to the Clio's, hence the question.

Cheers in advance. :)

M135i and the shed
Does anyone know if an airbag warning light can be turned off with the Renault Clip?

Help!! :)

M135i and the shed
Ordered a load of 3.3 Ohm resistors so will have a try and see what happens.

I take it the connector is for the pre-tensioner?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Basically the ECU thinks the pre-tensioners have deployed, so putting a resistor in there re-connects the circuit.

You'll probably need to get it plugged in to reset the light though.

M135i and the shed
Cheers for that.

Got a Scan Gauge so might be able to clear it that way? Can you not disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so to reset the lights also?

Don't think disconnecting the battery works may be wrong though. Don't know if scan gauge will be able to do it i was under the impression clip was the only system that can turn off the light.

Clio 1.2 51 Mk2 Ph2
if you keep the battery disconnected for long enough it should delete the light as its stored in the KAM (Keep Alive Memory) but i wouldn't recommend it tbh

M135i and the shed
Why not? What damage could be done from disconnecting the battery for half an hour?! :)

M135i and the shed
All sorted. 3.3 Ohm resistor in each side and the airbag light has gone out. Job Done.

Cheers folks.