ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag/SERV - RSTuner codes

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
The dreaded airbag/serv light saga continues. Used my RSTuner to try clear the fault codes. Has done a couple of them. Two are left however. See image link below.
When I fitted my cage, i did break the plug under the drivers seat, so today i cut out out and soldered the wires together (based on where they entered the plugs on their respective sides).
RSTuner says "second row" - rear? This hold any significance to the issue?
Any ideas? Cars in for mot on Friday so I can insure and vic test it. Got rear ended, less than 15mph, no airbags went off and the lights were already on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...B-7AE3-47C8-BF24-6AE3175ED711_zpspbptckpj.jpg

Thanks

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
After speaking with an ex-Renault mechanic, I have been told that the "second row seat belt pretensioner" DTC code is for the buckle, the fact its open circuit means there is an issue with the wires (or my soldering.... ). The wiring for the seats is, and has always been (apparently) rubbish. He's lost count of how many wires he's soldered under the seats.

Not an error code that can be cleared by RSTuner's airbag module (as I have purchased and tried this method)

Not an error code that can be cleared by RSTuner's airbag module (as I have purchased and tried this method)

If the codes shown are ORANGE you can disable the them. Once disabled you can remove the components or resistors if you have used them.
To get present [RED] codes ORANGE you may have to use resistors temporarily to change them to ORANGE codes, so that you can disable them completely.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
If the codes shown are ORANGE you can disable the them. Once disabled you can remove the components or resistors if you have used them.
To get present [RED] codes ORANGE you may have to use resistors temporarily to change them to ORANGE codes, so that you can disable them completely.
Thanks Henk. Will give it a go.
After a bit of investigation I found the plugs in the rear, had been told that these didn't exist in other threads/searches. Going to try the resistors and then returner again.

Plugs on the rear belt reels are near where they are/were mounted. Maybe some don't have them but my 2002 172 does

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
^This
Thanks Henk Fastchip
Once again RSTUNER becomes the best bit of kit I've ever purchased

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
What I had to do was disconnect RSTuner, start car and turn it off, then reconnect RSTuner. The ignition cycle turned the codes orange