ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag/Serv light

spanky2000

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi, I know there are many posts on this but I'm still bamboozled! I've always had problems with these lights coming on but usually a quick fumble under both seats sorts it. Not now though.
Car has been sitting up for nine months, damp and mouldy. Changed engine and gearbox so lots of pulling at wires around engine bay.
I've checked for continuity across all block terminal connectors under both seats and all are ok. I've cleaned them all with switch cleaner also.
I suspect I may have an issue with the uch and the headlight washers. Does anyone know if the uch has any function with the airbag system too? Or is the resistor method a cover all solution?
Any help at all is welcome as NCT (Irish MOT) next week!!! Thanks!

spanky2000

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for that. Just an update, couldn't find anyone with clip so cut of original seat airbag connector and used a block connector instead. The driver side air bag wiring already had its connector removed and wires were soldered together. Now when ignition switched on serv and airbag light come on, go off, come back on again for about 10 seconds and then go off again but stay off. Doesn't seem like a connection. Maybe the two different methods of joining the wires causes it. Any way all good with NCT (MOT).