ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbag serv light

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi guys know this subject has been done to death but I've soldered the correct wires together, on both sides and the light is still on? Is there anything else it could be? Any help greatly appreciated!!

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
i had a clio today saying.... Driver's front airbag, Circuit 1 & 2 open circuit. Rotary coupler ribbon cable had snapped. Get the computer on it, log into airbag ECU & read codes :)

Same thing is going on with mine! someone done the wires under the seat and it went off for a couple of weeks but its come back on now! also the abs lights on and when i brake the rear fog light on the dash comes on! hahaha! think the scrap yards the best place for mine!

172 cup
Has anyone changed there airbag squib connector?. that was my problem, fiddling with wires under seat didnt work.

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Code read first then use the information presented to fix the actual problem.

It's why diagnostics were invented and deployed ;-)

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Best thing to start with, is to plug the diags in, log into Airbags & pretensioner module, then read the fault codes :)

320td Daily XR2t Toy
Does anyone know of places in essex to go that isnt renault? They want 65 quid to plug a diag machine in.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I can do it for £30, but im in south wales so not much help lol!! Im sure any private garage will do it cheaper m8, long as they got good equipment, should get a accurate diagnosis :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I havent got any way to get mine to a garage or anything as its off the road, seriously thinking of scrappin it, just problem after problem and now to add to it the radiator fan wont come on at all so the engine just keeps getting hotter and hotter.. GRrrrrrrr. Help:'(

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I havent got any way to get mine to a garage or anything as its off the road, seriously thinking of scrappin it, just problem after problem and now to add to it the radiator fan wont come on at all so the engine just keeps getting hotter and hotter.. GRrrrrrrr. Help:'(

nah dont scrap it dude, there only little problems, as for the engine fan, check the fan itself, send power to it, as it may be faulty, also the engine coolant blower motor relay could be faulty.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Got the fan working, some dodgey repair work that had been done.. as for the airbag light it is still on afyer both sides have be solderd together

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Well it's the attitude after a broken alternator the fan the leaks the dodgey wiring and constant error codes doesn't seem to be very reliable, and to add to it the coil has packed in and won't run properly without an emission

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Problem with toxic emissions is sorted. Throttle body was caked in a thick black sludge not sure what from but was cleaned along with inlet manifold and icv and its running perfect no more toxic light. If any one has toxic light problem I would advise this first as it only takes a couple of minutes to dis assemble and clean! And its much faster to pick up! Feels like it maybe spared from the scrap heap!