ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Serv light

172Cup
on a 52 clio 172 cup the amber airbag light came on yesterday along with the Serv light. Do they require servicing at a certain mileage or is it a fault light?

I haven't got the owners manual so don't know where to look:eek:

thanks in advance of any help!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
SERV light means there is a fault, not that the car needs servicing, and in this case 99% sure the fault will be the connections under the drivers/passenger seat.

Look under the seats and you'll see the block where the wires from the floor connect to the wires from the seat, just wiggle that connection and it should go off.

172Cup
I think thats fixed it mate - thanks very much!! probably saved me being ripped off no doubt!

EDIT: I think I'll get it serviced anyway - do main dealers cost a fortune for a service?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Where are you based, quite a few places that will be far better service and a lot cheaper around.