ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag/Serv light after a collision, but light went out a few miles later.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I hit a dog last night :(

Was only on a 30mph road but it jumped out of a bush and I managed to catch it in my peripheral when it was about 5m away from the road. Hit the brakes but he jumped out and got knocked down, nothing I could have done in all fairness.

The poor thing was not walking right at first and I was worried the dog was about to drop dead infront of us. Luckily it didn't and it calmed down and seemed ok by the time it got taken away in a car (hopefully to the vets).

Anyway, it managed to mess up the front splitter (probably went under the car a bit) and the bonnet had opened and wouldn't shut immediately. I lifted it up, moved the mechanism back and forth and dropped it closed and it locked shut. Opened and closed it a few times to make sure and it was definitely staying locked.

However my Airbag/Serv light had come on which was more of a worry (besides a potentially dead dog). The airbags didn't go off and then half way home from the scene (a few miles later) they went out and haven't come on since.

Is it quite obviously something that needs plugging in etc or can I just be happy no one received permanent damage.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'd probably get it checked just in case.

Last thing you want is to be bimbling along the motorway at 85 leptons minding your own business, only to have an airbag go off in your face with no warning.