ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag, serv light, abs, esp etc etc dash lights Clio 182

A

ashy_gtt

Right, I had a lot of lights on the dash on my 182 so I took it to reno and they found it was a fault with the steering angle sensor which they replaced under waranty!

So i had some light free driving until the steering column failed.

As the car was no longer under warranty I replaced the column myself. When re-fitting the squib unit i fitted it 360 degrees out (so the steering angle sensor thought it was turning when being driven straight).

Anyway this threw up more fault lights on the dash ABS, ESP, SERV, Airbag etc.

I took the car to my friendly garage today to get it sorted out, and when he plugged it in it threw up a load of faults which he cleared. I'm now left with the just usual SERV and Airbag lights on... I've had a play with the wires under the seat with no luck!?

The code reader gave the fault DF072 and DF071 Drivers front airbag 1 & 2 So he believes its the "squib" unit. Something to do with the airbag wiring inside the steering angle sensor casing?

Does anyone else know what these codes mean, could it be a fault with the wires under the seat or the pre-tensioners? Is there an easy way to isolate these units one at a time to check them?

A

ashy_gtt

Has anyone got any ideas?

Can anyone confirm that these codes would mean a duff squib?

1.2 16v Clio
I have these 2 lights on in my 1.2 16v now. They are starting to annoy me. It all began when I hit a kerb and my drivers seat airbag popped out. (This put both the Service and Airbag light on). I have replaced the airbag and pretensioners in the seatbelt etc myself. How do I now go about turning off these light if anyone knows?

Megane dci 130
You will have damaged the wires in the rotary coupler (squib). Them faults are for the drivers air bag (circuit 1 and circuit 2 are for the duel airbags). Iv replaced a few for this fault :)

A

ashy_gtt

You will have damaged the wires in the rotary coupler (squib). Them faults are for the drivers air bag (circuit 1 and circuit 2 are for the duel airbags). Iv replaced a few for this fault :)

Good info, will I need to relace the full squib unit or can you just replace the wires?

2005 Clio 182
hi wondering if someone can help me please some ***t edged out on me and i hit a curb and the passenger airbag has come out do i need to replace the whole seat or can the airbag be replaced and re stitched back to how it was also can anything else be damaged ?