ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag question?

Its been that long since i been on this forum i'm not sure where this post should go so moderators feel free to move me to relevant section.
Hello to anyone who recognises me cant believe my username is still active.

Any way has anyone had the side airbag go off and rip the seat and blow the pretensioners in the seat belts and do you know how to fix it?

Will the rest of the airbags still work and can i get some cheap seats and
fit them myself. Its for the mother in law car is 1.5 diesel 02 reg i think.

I now drive a 2.0Turbo Octaia vrs sold both the Cliosports and crashed the valver. I do miss them

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You can replace individual modules and the belt tensioner, you need to be careful working on an SRS system though and disconnect the battery at least 1/2 hour before you start.

Depending on the car, the SRS computer will need re-setting to clear the fault light and re-set the system. and you may have to replace the sensor that set them off in the first place.

Good luck.