ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light? where does the resistor go?

Clio 172
I have an aftermarket wheel and bucket seats in my 172, my airbag and SERV lights are on.

I have put a 3.3Ohm resistor in the plugs as instructed by another thread on here and the light goes off for 5 seconds and then returns.

I have tried resistors in both sides and the problem persists.

Do I have to put a resistor behind the wheel also as I have had to do in the past.

Cheers

I would have thought it would need one behind the wheel aswell, as it would be looking for an airbag there, not finding it, and flashing the light up

Basically a resistor everywhere there used to be an airbag

Clio 172
Yes I bought the car with an aftermarket wheel fitted, I also had the airbag but instead of unplugging the airbag it's wiring has been cut from the column, where does the resistor fit in?

PH2 Flamer
Best thing to do is get someone like James Stone to reprogram the airbag ecu. No resistors needed then. Plus your cables have been cut.