ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light resistor on Momo boss

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Hi everyone,

I'm fitting a Momo steering wheel with the boss that has the resistor so the airbag light doesn't come on.

My question is there are 2 ribbon wires coming of the air bag and only one resistor. Does anybody know which one it should go on? One is orange the other is green or does it not matter!?

Many thanks,

Patrick

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Hello mate,

does the resistor join the 2 of the connectors together?

Yeah I thought that too but it doesn't. In the end I went to Maplin and bought two x 2.7 Ohm resistors and stuck them in the 2 cables that would normally go to the airbag and this turned the light off. Actually ended up to be quite easy to do in the end which was a result.

Patrick

Bumder With A Buffer
Where did you pick your boss up from and do you have a part number??? I have a momo boss from rallynuts and it doesnt seem to fit correctly :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Il show piucs... The whole thing.. Well it fits but to turn the wheel it its god awfully tight and makes some rather rum noises :(

Grrrr

Bumder With A Buffer
Standard renault fitting...

24072009132.jpg

This so called MOMO boss for clios 2001 onwards...

24072009133.jpg

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
I got my Boss from here:http://www.momo88.com/ for about £50 but it took 3 weeks to arrive so I wouldn't recommend them if you want it quick. I think that K-Tec stock them and their delivery is always quite speedy.

To check if yours is a Momo boss it should have 'Momo' stamped on the front where you but the bolts through to attach the steering wheel. Part no for airbag Clio boss 2001 on is 7218 and for non airbag it is 7217. Seems that the part no's are just the last 4 digits of the long numbers on Momo products - hope that helps.

I've now got the following problem which you can see here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=440218 Any ideas gratefully received!!

Thanks,

Patrick

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah the numpties at rallynuts list 7217 as 2001 Clio onwards with airbag! I'm not happy as I ordered an OMP one RE114 or something and that's the correct one