ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light has come on with SERV light

Trophy
Hi all,

Yesterday a ladder got thrown off another car onto the road I was driving on and in front of me. I had no time to avoid the ladder so ended up kind of running it over, thus cracking my cup splitter, n/s wheel arch slightly cracked, the car cut out.

Upon restarting the car the air-bag and service lights have come on and also the front passenger seatbelt lock (the bit you push the belt into with the red button) is like its constantly pushed down and is unusable.

Anyone know what has happened or how to rectify this? I am going into renault on Saturday for a free 25point check and will ask them to quote for the splitter etc, just wondering if anyone had any info on the airbag?

Cheers.

Insignia SRi
The pre-tensioner has fired by the sounds of it and needs resetting. Will be expensive getting renault to rectify it and clearing the lights though

Trophy
Who else can do this other then renault? I need to get a quote so I can give the guy who's ladder hit into me a copy.

Insignia SRi
Give Rentec a shout they have the Renault Clips system you need to turn the lights off and the will be a lot cheaper than a dealer.

Insignia SRi
Ask JMS, im not sure if they have a Clips system yet but im sure they will know being local to you who will have?