ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light and SERV Light

Non Sport Megane
Bought myself a Clio Sport on wednesday, and the airbag light and SERV light are on, on the dash board?
My boss has a phase 2 Clio Sport, and he seems to think that its a wiring fault, under the seats?
But iv fiddled with all the wires under the seats, and its still on?
My car needs an MOT soon, and its not going to pass with this airbag light on?

Anybody had this problem before? And how did you fix it?

Many thanks

Non Sport Megane
this might sound light a silly question, but wheres the brake sensor switch situated?
just got my car, and not 100% sure where everything is yet!

clio 172
if the airbag light is on is usualy the wires under the seats try jiggeling them all of these suffer from this

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
if the airbag light is on is usualy the wires under the seats try jiggeling them all of these suffer from this

+1

I just wiggled the wires under the passenger seat and the light went out . It's a common problem apparently

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Does it have an aftermarket steering wheel? If so it will need resistors on the airbag sensors u need 2 iirc 10 ohm get them from matlins

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I don't see what wiggling anything can fix tbh.

Worked for me.

McGherkin: With mine when it was the wires under the seats, it would come for a minute or two, then randomly go off again. Never stayed on permanently.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just got my retrimmed wheel swapped over. Fitted everything as it should be and I've got these lights on :(

Anyone know whats wrong here?

172 Mk 2 Iceburge Si
I to have it on but i need a new drivers seat belt pretensioner as the old limit switch under the seat has cracked off the bracket that is riveted to the base of the seat.

Do's anyone have one for sale? my airbag light is on but no amount of jiggling will sort it!!!

Sean.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the other option is to cut the connector block off, and solder the wired together, might make things awkward when removing the seat, but it will make a 100% connection!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Car is also throwing itself randomly into limp mode - with the preheat light solid on the dash and wont rev higher than 3k in any gear.

Is that related to the Airbag & Serv lights. My car has NEVER done this in almost 5 years I've owned it!

Completely confused and p*ssed off now - even though I have a nice wheel to hold onto at 40mph....on the f**kin motorway!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just had mine on a fault reader as my RS Tuner won't pick up airbag issues - Renault wanted £60 to go on the CLIP
Here's what I got;

Front Airbag Circuit 2, Driver
Short Circuit

Has anybody had this issue before, and how did you resolve it?

Many thanks in advance!

172 Mk 2 Iceburge Si
hiya on the connector block i have a brown and blue wires and pink and grey which two colours do i solder together?

cheers Sean

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sorted mine! :)

Got the wheel off again and re-fitted it all, no obvious mistakes when removing it other than ever so slightly off-centre on the spline

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
hiya on the connector block i have a brown and blue wires and pink and grey which two colours do i solder together?

cheers Sean

The guide is on here and shows you pictures etc on where what goes. I don't think I will ever be able to get mine off. Nuisance.