ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Issue

Clio 172
hi All,

Im after some help if possible i have the serv light and Airbag light on

the drivers side seat airbag deployed and the rear drivers seat belt pretensioner fired as well. I have replaced the airbag with a new unit and also replaced the seat belt unit that had fired.

1st question is seen as both the airbag and seat belt fired do i have to replace the airbag sensor located in the sill on the drivers side??

2nd question i have put the car onto a diagnostics machine and the Airbag system is coming up with 7 faults and it will not allow me to clear the codes on the airbag system ...... any ideas??

thanks for any help in advance car is out of mot and just need this dam airbag light off so i can re mot the car

Clio 182
I have a fault with my airbag system and the auto electrician said they have an auto reset facility on them, after the fault has been corrected. I would also advise you to change the airbag sensor, as I believe once it has been triggered it will need replacing.

192'd BG 182 FF
Not too sure about this so correct me if i'm wrong but once an airbag has gone off it is permanently stored in the airbag ECU which keeps the lights on? Just something i read while researching what happens if the airbag goes off when changing a steering wheel.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Correct, when a "deployment" has occurred it stores crash context related data and the module itself is un-useable.

This data can be removed by someone with the correct software and equipment but it will not allow you to clear any data despite you replacing the blown bag units.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Either Renparts for a new, uncrashed unit or send it away to somewhere that can remove the crash context data.