ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ecu

Peugeot 406
I fixed the airbag in my 2002 clio 1.2 16v after diagnosing on the clip the passenger side pre tensioner was coming up as the fault, i soldered all the wires under the seat which cured that problem. But my cousin has a 2002 clio 1.5 dci, i initially did the same to it as i had done on my own clio, i.e. soldered in all the wires, it didn't work so i soldered the wires under the drivers seat. But the clip had the following message:
eb464a29.jpg

9ac84e52.jpg

9aa9344f.jpg

after some removing the lower dash we got the airbag ecu out, which was covered in coffee, we have tried to clean the plug and contacts out but its still not working, i don't think one of them reset services on ebay would work it needs a new ecu.
f7e85acd.jpg

The question is would any phase 2 clio airbag ecu work or does it need to be exactly out of a 2002 diesel?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im pretty certain all the mk2 airbag ecu's are the same! i even have one for sale!! ;)

Peugeot 406
i went to a breakers yard today, got an ecu from a same shape 1.4 clio for just £5, put it into mine and now i have no more airbag or SERV lights.