ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ECU Help Please!!

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
Ive got a 2008 1.2 tce dynamique and my airbag has went off and apparently i need to reset the ECU module.

Is this true? And if so can i replace it with a reconditioned one and it will be plug and play or is there more to it?

Also anyone know the whereabouts of the fuel cut off valve that triggers once airbags have been deployed?

Cheers in advance :D

Golf GTD Mk7
if you need a new ECU mate it will need a new UCH unit with it, and it will need programming too. You can't just plug and play unfortunately.

He means the airbag ecu, not the engine ecu.

On the mk2's its a small square metal box bolted to the central tunnel. I had to have mine reset once. Company on ebay did it, you send them your ecu and they wipe it. Good as new.

Don't go to renualt, they'll say your need a new ecu which is about £300. There was renault technical papers knocking about saying they are good for about 5 resets though.